Updated Funeral Details
Once again it is our sad duty to advise of the passing of one of our members.
Peter Bons suffered a fatal heart attack on the morning of Monday 13 March. Peter was a member for decades, flying initially with the Army before joining the airlines flying Dash 8 on regional routes. He was a serious aeromodeller and suffered serious head injuries while in the car park at a model flying club when an aircraft lost control. While this ended his flying career he remained an active member of the association and continued his aeromodelling including producing scale models of the Airtourer.
Peter's Funeral will be held at 10am, Wednesday 22nd of March 2023. St John’s Anglican Church, Cnr Menangle Road & Broughton Road Camden NSW.
Peter will be laid to rest at Camden Cemetery, 203 Cawdor Road, 11:30, with a Wake to follow afterwards, all are welcome.
February 2023 Newsletter
President's Fly-in Echuca
Amended Program - Saturday
It's been a challenge holding the Presiden'ts Fly-in at Echuca. In 2020 and 2021 it was postponed due to COVID and then finally in 2022 when it looked good there was extreme weather across Victoria and NSW. No Airtourers were able to fly in, (the airfield was NOTAMed closed), but 10 members did manage to drive. Well done to those who tried and had to turn back, thank you for giving it a go.
The flooded roads has made the original program impractical. An updated plan for Saturday is as follows:
- 8:30 Breakfast at the Beechworth Bakery
- 10:00 Walk to the Echuca Wharf to purchase tickets for a paddle steamer cruise on the Murray.
- 10:30 - 11:30 Cruising on the Alexander Arbuthnot.
- 11:30 -013:30 Lazy lunch in the Port of Echuca
- 13:30 Bus departs Mecure Port of Echuca Motel for Tongala. Departure back to Echuca to be briefed on the bus.
- 16:30 Bus departs the Mecure Port of Echuca Motel for Lockington for tour of the Heritage Centre and "Joe's Tractors"
- 18:00 Dinner at Beryl's local, the Lockington Pub.
- Departure back to Echuca TBA.
- 16:30 All receive text message from Vic Emergency Services to EVACUATE NOW
Page 1 of 2