President's Fly-in Echuca
Amended Program - Saturday
It's been a challenge holding the Presiden'ts Fly-in at Echuca. In 2020 and 2021 it was postponed due to COVID and then finally in 2022 when it looked good there was extreme weather across Victoria and NSW. No Airtourers were able to fly in, (the airfield was NOTAMed closed), but 10 members did manage to drive. Well done to those who tried and had to turn back, thank you for giving it a go.
The flooded roads has made the original program impractical. An updated plan for Saturday is as follows:
- 8:30 Breakfast at the Beechworth Bakery
- 10:00 Walk to the Echuca Wharf to purchase tickets for a paddle steamer cruise on the Murray.
- 10:30 - 11:30 Cruising on the Alexander Arbuthnot.
- 11:30 -013:30 Lazy lunch in the Port of Echuca
- 13:30 Bus departs Mecure Port of Echuca Motel for Tongala. Departure back to Echuca to be briefed on the bus.
- 16:30 Bus departs the Mecure Port of Echuca Motel for Lockington for tour of the Heritage Centre and "Joe's Tractors"
- 18:00 Dinner at Beryl's local, the Lockington Pub.
- Departure back to Echuca TBA.
- 16:30 All receive text message from Vic Emergency Services to EVACUATE NOW